Santa Maria d'Arco
Selection of home-grown 100% Verdicchio grapes, harvested in boxes, soft pressed and fermented under controlled temperatures.
Straw yellow color with greenish reflections. This wine has a round, salty and smooth taste and a characteristically bitter after-taste.
- Position of the vineyards: In the area surrounding one of the Castles of Jesi “San Paolo” in the heart of the area where Verdicchio Classico is produced;
- Vine: 100% Verdicchio;
- Cultivation manner: Guyot;
- Vines per ha: 2.000 in the older vineyards and approximately 3.500 in the newer;
- Grapes produced per ha: ~ 8000/9000 kg per ha;
- Age of vineyards: From 4 to 40 years old and even vines planted more than sixty years ago;
- Type of soil: Medium clay textured;
- Exposition and altitude: ~200/400m above sea level, North-East exposition;
- Total vineyards surface: ~9 ha; 1,8 with Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore “Santa Maria d’Arco”;
- No. of bottles produced: 6.000/10.000 per year;
- Alcohol concentration: differs depending on yearly weather condition (never below 13%vol.);
- Harvest and winemaking: hand harvested and soft pressed; the grapes undergo a cooling process resulting in a static settling of the most solid parts of the must.
- Controlled temperature slow fermentation is obtained with the help of a refrigerator unit.
- Stored in stainless steel barrels for 11-12 months before bottling and subsequent further aging for up to 4 months in bottles;
- Wine tasting notes: taste and aroma typical and unmistakable matching the best Verdicchio characteristics; smooth and gentle.
Vini doc e docg Pramaggiore 2010
"Vini da Pesce 2008"
"Almanacco del Berebene 2008"
"Almanacco del Berebene 2007"
"Almanacco del Berebene 2006"